Saturday, November 4, 2006

The background

Life takes us through many journeys, the Full Time MBA at Cranfield University is one of mine. It started some time in 2005, while I was working with Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd, when I decided to take the GMAT. I prepared for the exam all of two months I think, juggling with the job, and got a good enough score to apply to some of the best European b-schools. Why Europe? Well, for starters, the courses are of smaller duration than in the USA, so they don't cost as much. Secondly, for some reason, you get more real diversity of students and experience in Europe than USA. Of the five places I was offered admissions from, Cranfield was not the highest ranked by FT or Economist Intelligence Unit. I chose Cranfield for the things you don't see in the overall rankings - the career progression, the post MBA salaries, the focus on overall development of the student.

I am attempting to put into words what I will go through the next year, with the hope that I will be able to look back at these posts and smile. It is also a way of keeping in touch with family and friends. At the same time, it is sort of paying forward to all the Cranfield alumni who helped me with my querries - and they were numerous. I hope my blog will help someone who faces the enviable stress of choosing between Cranfield School of Management and some other b-school.

I haven't had the discipline to write daily, now I am writing for the past four weeks, with posts broken down by week. Hopefully, I will be able to write every weekend henceforth.

No comments:

Post a Comment